If you are a witness to or victim of
Human Trafficking, contact the
Human Trafficking Hotline:
HELP or INFO to BeFree (233733)
A Project of:
How to recognize victims
of Human Trafficking
Here are some common indicators of Human Trafficking:
• Does the person appear disconnected
from family, friends, community
organizations, or houses of worship?
• Has a child stopped attending school?
• Has the person had a sudden or
dramatic change in behavior?
• Is the person disoriented or confused, or
showing signs of mental or physical
• Does the person have bruises in various
stages of healing?
• Is the person fearful, timid, or
• Does the person show signs of having
been denied food, water, sleep, or
• Is the person often in the company of
someone to whom he or she defers? Or
someone who seems to be in control?
• Does the person appear to be coached
on what to say?
• Is the person living in unsuitable
• Does the person lack personal
possessions and appear not to have a
stable living situation?
This information was provided by the Blue Campaign to End Human Trafficking of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.